Still in Ludington

maria | August 20, 2013 | COMMENTS:4 Comments »

There’s this saying about cruisers (people who travel on boats): “A cruiser’s plans are written in the sand at low tide.” We originally “planned” to set sail August 15. Yeah, that just wasn’t going to happen. Too much boat work, too much work work, too much cottage work. (Did we mention that in addition to everything else, we are trying to sell a cottage near Baldwin, MI?)

So, we thought we would try for August 17 or 18. Nope.

Then we decided Tuesday the 20th (today), since Bruce is done with his online classes for the week. But the forecast looks like this:

Gentlemen (and women) don't sail to weather.

Gentlemen (and women) don’t sail to weather.

For those of you who aren’t boaters, this is the makings of a miserable day. We want to go South. The wind and waves are coming from the South. If we left today, we would be bouncing all over the place, getting wet, getting sick, and beating ourselves and our boat up for no good reason.

If there is one rule Bruce and Maria have for this trip it’s NO SCHEDULE. At least not when it comes to moving the boat. So, we are still at our very nice marina in Ludington, getting work done, sleeping in a real bed at the cottage, and trying not to get impatient.

Besides, it’s not such a bad place to be stuck.

Harborview Marina Ludington. The view is okay.

Harborview Marina Ludington. The view is okay.


Category: Other Stuff

4 Responses

  1. Bob & Dede says:

    Sorry hear you not well on your way. But safety first hope hear soon to our safely on your way.

    Bob. Dede

  2. Cyndi says:

    I agree with De. Safety first. Keep us updated on your journey.

    Love you,